Noah Soundtrack Review: This is a review of the film score Noah by Clint Mansell.
At a glance:
74 minutes of score
Geek Score: 98.1
Total Minutes Of Excellence: 71.17
Album Excellence: 96%
Buy or stream? Buy
Have you ever heard epic Clint Mansell? Well, it depends on your definition of epic of course. Some would argue that “The Fountain” was epic. Well scratch that. This is a new kind of epic. You only have to hear the first few seconds of the opening cue ‘In The Beginning, There Was Nothing’ to realize that this is a whole new ballgame. In fact, you can’t really compare it to an “epic” trailer score either. I think Clint Mansell have invented a whole new genre, “Slow Epic”. This score takes its time, never rushing ahead. Forget fast pacing, all you get here is stunning and sweeping, slow epic tracks one after the other.
I must admit, I have never heard Mansell like this, nor have I heard a score quite like this. I believe Mansell when he delivers music like this. I believe in the story, and I believe there’s a powerful story being told. The music just grinds and grinds, but in a good way. In many ways it reminds me of “The Fountain” in a way the cues builds up to massive proportions, most of all ‘Days And Night Shall Not Cease’. It’s a score I never want to end. It’s endless joy and there’s no doubt that Noah deserves to be mentioned when the best score of the year is talked about.
1. In the Beginning, There Was Nothing
3. The World Was Filled With Violence
4. Sweet Savour
5. The Fallen Ones
6. For Seasons, And For Days, And Years
7. Make Thee An Ark
8. Every Creeping Thing That Creeps
9. I Will Destroy Them
11. The Wickedness Of Man
12. In Sorrow Thou Shalt Bring Forth Children
13. Your Eyes Shall Be Opened, And Ye Shall Be As Gods
14. The Flood Waters Were Upon The World
15. By Man Shall His Blood Be Shed
16. The Judgment Of Man
17. The Spirit Of The Creator Moved Upon The Face Of The Waters
18. Forty Days And Nights
19. What Is This That Thou Hast Done?
20. The Fear And The Dread Of You
21. And He Remembered Noah
22. Day And Night Shall Not Cease